Forum Thread: Welcome and General Rules

Welcome to InterNoobs! My name's Becky, and I'm looking forward to taking you through the awesomeness of the online world. Before we get started, there are a few forum rules.

There Are No Dumb Questions: Seriously. None. Don't be afraid of asking something, no matter how silly it may seem. Trust me, somebody else has had the same problem before. You are not alone, dear noob.

Be Specific: If you're posting to ask a question or request an article (and I highly encourage you to do so), please be as thorough as possible in describing what the issue is. It's no problem if you don't know the technical term for something. Just do your best to tell us what's up.

Be Nice: Everybody was a noob at some point. Even you, O Fancy Expert Pants, had to learn how to send an email in the days of yore. Anybody being snobby will get the admin hammer.

Have Fun: Computers are cool. The internet is cool. My hope is that this site will get you to be as curious and excited about these things as I am. Even if you're ready to throw your computer out the window, just take a deep breath. It's okay. You're amongst friendly folks.

Right then. Let's get our geek on!

3 Responses

I really like your welcoming tone.  You remind me of Dr. Welby (not that you are anywhere near old enough to remember who he is).  Your vibe is very comfortable.  I would feel comfy asking you questions.  Thanks!

Respected Becky chamber,

I am already joined facebook but I dont know to handle usefully.hence I am dummy at social websites instead of language problem.give some easy steps.Thanking you!

Hi Arunachalam! Thanks for stopping by. And hey, there's a big difference between being a dummy and just not knowing how to do something. I'm currently in a country where I don't speak the native language very well, so I know how tough it can be to figure things out. But no worries, I'll put something together about social networks next week. :)

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active